Caffeine Free Ingredient Alpinia galanga Clinically Proven to Improve Alertness and Focus
It’s a ritual many of us swear by to wake up in the mornings and feel energised during the day; caffeine.
Whether you prefer a cup of coffee or an energy drink to kick start your day, there’s a chance consuming too much of a good thing can be disastrous.
Consuming caffeine alone is known to provoke several side effects in the cardiovascular systems of humans, such as positive inotropic and chronotropic, which makes the heart beat harder and faster. This bittersweet stimulant is also associated with an infamous crash or caffeine withdrawal after around 3 hours of intake where energy levels drop drastically.
Owing to this; the market focus has been diverted to caffeine-free natural psychostimulants with onset and duration of action comparable to that of caffeine but devoid of its crash effect.
At Enovate Biolife, we set out to create Alpinia galanga; the first and only natural caffeine-free patent-pending botanical ingredient, clinically proven to improve alertness and focus up to 5 hours with and without caffeine. Read ahead to learn more about our stimulant-free, nootropic botanical extract.
What is Alpinia galanga?
Alpinia galanga from Alpinia galanga is a DNA-authenticated, stim-free energy ingredient that provides fast, active and safe energy with no crash.
Alpinia galanga can be used as a replacement for caffeine or used with caffeine to prevent a crash and prolong benefits.
Alpinia galanga has a list of clinically proven health benefits which include:
- Boosting mental alertness within an hour of administration
- Ensuring peak alertness 3 hours after consuming Alpinia galanga which lasts up to 5 hours
- Improving sustained attention when taken along with caffeine
- Impeding a caffeine crash when taken concurrently
- Improving the working capacity of the brain
- Enhancing focus and increasing energy
- Decreasing error rates of daily tasks leading to improved performance/productivity
- Promoting wakefulness without disturbing natural sleep pattern
- Reducing daily fatigue
What Is the Target Audience for Alpinia galanga?
Alpinia galanga is a nootropic ingredient that aims to provide sustained alertness and focus.
Hence our target audience is companies marketing the below-listed categories of products:
- Pre-Workout Formulas: Used by professional athletes, bodybuilders, gym-goers, aerobic exercise enthusiasts, CrossFit trainers and sports players.
- Weight Loss Formulas: Since improved focus helps support an active lifestyle which is very important for achieving healthy weight loss.
- Brain Hacker Formulas: Used by busy executives, students, e-gamers etc.
- Energy Drinks & Shots: To enhance daily physical and mental performance.
- CBD Supplements: To balance mental focus & alertness.
- Focus Enhancing Formulas
- Low Caffeine Formulas: Especially beneficial for caffeine-sensitive users.
What Are Its Clinically Proven Health Benefits?
(Screening Study): Effects of Cymbopogon Flexuosus, Alpinia Galanga, and Glycyrrhiza Glabra on Attention: A Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study published in BAOJ Nutrition.
- A randomized, placebo-controlled study conducted on 70 subjects to evaluate the effect of Cymbopogon Flexuosus, Alpinia Galanga and Glycyrrhiza Glabra extracts in comparison with caffeine and placebo on different aspects of attention.
- A validated adaptation of Dr. Jin Fan’s Attention network test, termed as ‘CRSD-ANT’ (Centre for Research on Safe Driving Attention Network Task) was used to evaluate the effect of the products on the aspects of the attention network. The attention system of the human brain comprises an alerting network, an orienting network and an executive network. ANT is a validated tool used to examine the efficiency of these three control networks of attention.
- Results demonstrated that a particular Alpinia galangal extract (later called Alpinia galanga) exhibited a statistically significant and stable increase in alertness score compared to baseline until 5 hours.
Source: Effects of Cymbopogon Flexuosus, Alpinia Galanga, and Glycyrrhiza Glabra on Attention: A Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study
Effect of Alpinia galanga on Mental Alertness and Sustained Attention with or Without Caffeine: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Study published in the Journal of American College of Nutrition.
- A randomized, double-dummy, double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over study was conducted to determine the effect of Alpinia galangal extract on mental alertness and sustained attention in comparison with caffeine and placebo in 59 subjects.
- The primary efficacy variable for this study was mental alertness, which was measured using Dr. Jin Fan’s ANT. The secondary efficacy variable of sustained attention was measured using the Psychomotor Vigilance Task. Further sleep architecture was assessed by the Karolinska Sleepiness Scale, sleep duration measurement by Groningen’s Sleep Quality Scale & sleep diary.
- Results demonstrated Alpinia galangal extract showed a beneficial effect in mental alertness and upon combination with caffeine, helped to impede caffeine crash and improve sustained attention.
Source: Effect of Alpinia galanga on Mental Alertness and Sustained Attention With or Without Caffeine: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Study
Selective enhancement of focalized attention by Alpinia galanga in subjects with moderate caffeine consumption published in the Open Access Journal of Clinical trials.
This secondary analysis of the above paper was undertaken to investigate the effect of Alpinia galanga on focused attention, in comparison with caffeine and placebo. Results show that Alpinia galanga enhanced concentrated attention to a greater extent in comparison with caffeine and placebo.
Source: https://www.dovepress.com/selective-enhancement-of-focused-attention-by-alpinia-galanga-in- subje-peer-reviewed-article-OAJCT
A Randomized Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial Demonstrating Safety & Efficacy of Alpinia galanga in Healthy Adults
There was a consistent increase in both alertness and calmness scores by almost 100% after 3 hours of consumption throughout the 12-week study in the Alpinia galanga and Alpinia galanga plus caffeine group as compared to placebo.
This 84-day study also proved that the effects remain consistent and do not plateau on long term usage.
There was no significant change in the cardiac safety parameters, namely the ECG data, blood pressure and heart rate at the end of the study duration, which established the long term safety of Alpinia galanga. The QT interval, in particular, showed no change at all in Alpinia galanga group at the end of the study duration, thus proving its strong long term cardiac safety.
The results further prove that Alpinia galanga does not exhibit any habit forming tendencies.
The calmness scores confirmed that Alpinia galanga reduces the jittery feeling due to caffeine and impedes the caffeine crash effect. The increased calmness reduced jitters and anxiety, and increased alertness is an ideal situation for sports persons and athletes where they need to calm the performance anxiety along with maintaining sharp focus and alertness.
Molecular Docking Clinical Studies of Alpinia galanga Phytoconstituents for Psychostimulant Activity published in Advances in Biological Chemistry.
Alpinia galanga has been clinically proven to promote alertness; however, the mechanism for such action required elucidation. As evidenced by outcomes of this docking study, active compounds of Alpinia galanga can block dopamine reuptake at synapses, thereby increasing dopamine levels which can enhance visuospatial performance and mental clarity, leading to improved mental alertness.
Source: Molecular Docking Studies of Alpinia galanga Phytoconstituents for Psychostimulant Activity
Alpinia galanga’s Quality Certifications
To prove its authenticity, consistent quality, price and supply, this energy-boosting health supplement has an array of quality certifications:
- DNA ID-verified (using TRU-ID) – for both raw material and final extract.
- Health Canada approved
- Self-affirmed GRAS
- ISO 22000: 2005
- Vegan certified
- Halal & Kosher certified
- Non-GMO (tested)
- Gluten-free (tested)
- Allergen statement
- Pesticide tested
Add the missing ingredient to your product now: Alpinia galanga – Enovate Biolife